Energy efficient and environment friendly institutional cookstoves are intended to reduce the amount of firewood and save time for cooking. The most important beneficiaries of ICS are the cooking staff of the institutions. The "rocket stove" design concentrates heat and mixes combustion gasses to create operating temperatures in excess of 1100 degrees Celsius or 2102 degrees Fahrenheit, which allows the stoves to literally "burn up the smoke." This produces a fire that is cleaner and more efficient than is possible otherwise. The sunk-in pot with heat-retaining skirt design allows food to cook more quickly, reducing cooking time by 20-50%. Each stove used can offset the carbon footprint of 2.7 households each year and can save up to 88 tons of firewood annually. The 60 Liter institutional stove uses 2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) of fuel every two hours at peak temperature and boils 30 liters of water in 30 minutes; the 100 Liter stove boils 50 liters of water in 30 minutes.
To meet the cooking needs of large families, the C28-23Max has a larger stovetop to fit bigger pots and cookware. The efficiency of the stove brings fuel-saving, money-saving, and time-saving.
Liberia Eco-Supply Ventures, Inc. (LESVI) is a social enterprise that is on a mission to empower communities through clean cookstoves. We believe that every community deserves to have access to clean cookstoves, which is why we are committed to distributing these stoves throughout the Developing World. Our story begins in 2019 when we partnered with Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) to distribute 300 bio-fueled cookstoves in Liberia. The results have been incredible—not only are the stoves improving the health of the recipients, but they are also helping reduce deforestation and CO2 emissions. We are proud to be making a difference in the lives of so many people, and we will continue our work until all communities have access to clean cookstoves!
1. Seacoat has announced its new V 10 X ULTRA toxin-free bottom coating that has superior fouling release while continuing to have operating advantages over coatings.
2. Seacoat's coating is 100 % certified toxin-free. As a result, it exceeds all current and proposed enviromental regulations.
3. The company's ULTRA smooth and highly proprietary coating minimizesbiofouling adhesion because plants and incrustations have great difficulty adhering.
4. With Seacoat’s coating, bottom cleanings become significantly faster, easier, a lot more eco-friendly and less expensive.
5. See photo of SEA-SPEED V 10 X ULTRA CLEAR on hull of 40’ Racing Yacht, San Diego, CA after eight months.
1. Ship and boat owners have struggled throughout history to solve their biofouling problem. The biofouling causes heavy buildups and drag that increase fuel consumption and permit migration of invasive species.
2. Today, approximately 95% of all ship and boat bottom coatings are laden with poisonous toxins that kill plant and marine life.
3. The coatings designed to use toxins are known as “Antifouling Paint.” These are depletive coatings (SPC, CDP & ablative).
4. After antifouling paint is applied to the bottom, the paint and toxins slough off in attempt to kill the biofouling so it does not attach to the hull.
5. During underwater hull cleanings, the paint sloughs at an accelerated rate which causes high toxin concentrations at ports and harbors. Some harbors such as San Diego, are very close to losing their ecosystems due to toxins like these. Many counties and ports have banned in water cleaning of boat & ship hulls.
6. Due to the paint’s depleting properties, depletive coatings typically have short lives with only 2, 3, or 5 years depending on product quality and cost.
7. The marine industry is looking for a better solution.
A satisfied customer said:
The stove is economical because you use less charcoal to cook the same amount of food. It is clean to use with no heat and smoke.
Another satisfied customer said:
I no longer have to take drips for smoke and heat that made me sick.
A customer using institutional stoves to cook school meals had this to say:
It cooks fast. I will buy another one.
Using a clean cookstove
Family with their new LESVI clean cookstove.